10 April 2006

Cook my weekend lunch with whatever I will find in my fridge and pantry.

I found pasta, mince pork meat, tomatoes, mushroom in can and green onions.

Ok, let cook pasta with tomato sauce. (I like to make mine Chinese style.)

My taste still quite a typical Malaysian Chinese. Although I've live here many many years, yet I have not change much when come to food.

Nowaday, buying Asian groceries or fresh food is very convenient, quite a lot of Asian groceries store available here. The best is Most Canadian Grocery Store have a section for imported food. One big Asian Grocery store will soon open near my house.

When I can't find some ingredient for my Malaysian Recipe, I will subsitute with other ingredient to modify the food a bit. It taste ok to my expectation. (I make my own Sambal, no chilli bo for sale here, I just use Vietnamese chilli sauce.) I have no complain compare with other Malaysian who live in smaller town where they are limited of Asian grocery stores.
(But I still miss all food in Malaysia, sometime my family or friend will bring me some exclusive food from Malaysia. )

7 comments:

MamaBoK said...

Lucky you ..! i'm from small town.. so gotta "tumpang" ppl to buy.. when they are up in the city..!
Next time i ask for your help .. kekekke!!

Blogie-Talkie said...

Mamabok,
you are always welcome.

Twinsmom said...

wish you are hear :(, I am not feeling well, hope someone can cook for me *sob sob*.

being creative on the ingredient huh when the supply run dry?

Earthtone said...

wow, blogie, first time here...love your photoshop works..all the pictures look very unique..

your zai zai so cute... :)

et

Blogie-Talkie said...

Twinsmom
Anything for you lah, but since you such a good cook,very pressure for me to cook man.
I invited you and family here long time ago.. when will you make this happen?

Earthtone,
Thank you.
Oh mine, you are here, what a suprise to be able to invite you here.
you are VIP ma, I am going to have a parade to welcome you...
(My english very bad, I feel malu lah, just read my Cantonese post may be ok lah.)

Zara's Mama said...

Looks good your linguini.. and Brayden seemed to like it.. that's most important. :P

Blogie-Talkie said...

Zara's Mama
My boy don't have choice, he usually will eat anything I prepared for him, except when he is out for meal, he will get very bad, sometime choosy, knowing I have to time to get mad with him in public. (but usually I take him to washroom give him warning.)