21 May 2008

IF - Wide (part 2)------- Wider hand

My second entry for IF- Wide
Every time when I heard any tragic, disasters news, I feel so helpless, yet the same time, my mind is to have wider and longer hands, to hug to gather each and all my family members and friends, to wrap them around ensuring they are all safe....(This is the moment I felt each time I hear bad news around us or happen in world wide. Did this illo last week, I think it fit in for this week IF topic- WIDE.) This illo tribute to victims and people in Sichuan, China and Myanmar, Burma. Please lend a helping hand, send your wishes and generosity to people in Sichuan and Myanmar. Thank you and God Bless!

.

15 comments:

Angela Matteson said...

So beautiful and full of heart.
I love all the colors. :)

Flora Chang said...

This is such a beautiful illustration! So moving! :)

Itziar San Vicente said...

Yes, it´s beautiful!

Faruffa said...

Beautiful and deep!!!

Anonymous said...

What an inspired piece of work, it's beautiful. My sister-in-law's parents live in Souzhou so are safe, but it's so close. I hope your family are safe too.x

Jenny S said...

very lovely and emotionally strong. nice piece!

Catalina Alvarez said...

I hope your family are safe!
Beautiful illo!
Cata

Zari said...

a wonderful illustration ... I feel very identified with it. Wonderful thought and feelings!

hope you and your family are safe, and I pray for all those who are suffering.

hugs!

MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

Thank you all!
Most of my Family and friends are in Asia, but in Malaysia or in Singapore and Canada.
This illo is tribute to the victims and people in China and Burma..
Thanks for caring. Thanks for your comments.

Kay Aker said...

How touching!

Eric Barclay said...

Simply beautiful.

Kstyles said...

Beautiful illo.

Jennifer Thermes said...

Hi May-- These are wonderful, and a lovely tribute. :-)

Restnrileks said...

Love your illo..as always. great take on the subject tu May. I love the colours used.

ohhh have a great weekend ya..

:)

RyanLoghry said...

I really like the hugging illustration. Very powerful May.