26 April 2008

21 Days illustration - Day 1/21

I participate the 21 Days illustration, Gina and Alicia organized a challenging exercise.
Alicia mentioned that Gina Perry ( a wonderful illustrator) who came back from her last conference all charged and inspired. This is what she had to say:
"During Laurie Halse Anderson's keynote at the 2008 NESCBWI conference last weekend, she gave us a challenge. Think you don't have time? She does. At least 15 minutes. Pick a time of day and mark it in your day planner or calender. She mentioned that it takes 21 days to form a new habit. Also, pick a buddy or two to help you stay focused and on track. I challenge all of you who read this to join me."I think this will be a good practice for me as I love to draw, but I my drawing have a lot to improve, some more I am bad in timing and lack of creativity, this practice will be a good way for me to gain some skills.
Here is my first illo (digital-PSD), total 16 minutes spent on it. I drew my boy the mini chef , I love sending personal greeting cards to friends and family, so, I drew this to start..
If you wish to join, by all mean, Visit great artist Gina and Alicia site for more detail...... Enjoy!I got my 6 years old boy the practice too, this is his 15 minutes art-work, a Pokemon Battle.

.

6 comments:

Alicia Padrón said...

I love this little cook May! Great way to start :o)

Anonymous said...

Lovely work and blog, May. I like your little chef (and how you did stick to the 15 minutes!) I agree, a great way to start! :-)

Gina Perry said...

So cute! I want a giant cupcake!!! I love that your son joined you in the exercise too.

MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

Thanks Alicia, Monica, Gina
Your present and comments sure a booster for me to draw. Thanks!
Son, Orders up! Big cupcakes coming right up!

Bobo said...

I like this one, beautiful line work. The big cupcake an amazing touch.

MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

Julia, thanks, why don't you join us! Your illustration is one of the best!